View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 02:55 AM   #10
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's How-To "PorterBuilt Hood Hinges"

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterbuilt View Post
So, where does the product stand on a scale of 1 to 10?

What do you think of the pricing (the $200 is just an introductory price and will increase after the first of the year).
Well I feel it is about an 8 right now judging by my standards and will be a 9.5 once items 1-5 from the above list are in place and that leaves a small amount of room to improve with a gas strut system then that would put it at an easy 10. This is by far one of the easiest mods that has yielded the biggest return for time and money invested.

So now the cost question. Well being that I was in the $200 orders I don't need to worry about my answer but here it is. As the kit stands now (with the 5 listed tweaks) and knowing a bit about marketing (very small bit) I would say that since you went with a $200 price to "test the waters" and get a few out their that that is not much above your (material, hardware, time to develop, labor and over head) break even point. Being that you are your own business and need to turn a profit if we want you to be able to come up with more and better products I would say a good market would be in the $350-400 range. Knowing then (before ordering) what I know now I would have gone for the $350 easy and if their was a gas shock kit available as well then bump it to $400-450. This still put the product under priced to some other possible options out their but at the same time your performs in every way it should.

So I would say guys if you are on the fence about this kit now is the time to buy because I think it will be about 50-75% less then the price next year.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote