View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 07:06 AM   #149
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

Re: '69 Longbed Daily Driver - Project

today i finished all of the body work on the clip. i have a little bit of sanding left, but i'm calling it done. the gas tank also got mounted and plumbed today.

tomorrow i'm going to be finishing the remaining sanding. i'm planning to load it up on the trailer and take it down the car wash to spray off the frame in the morning. the oil leaks i've had coated the bottom of the truck pretty bad, so it'll be nice to get it clean again. we will be spraying etch primer followed by some high build primer on the clip. I hope to have time to block it as well before i head back home.

the motor will be done next week as well. got some new shinny parts for it this weekend, along with an oil pump and new balancer. fyi, parts for a 283 are tough to get at a parts store.

paint is scheduled next saturday. starting the morning with a sealer coat over the whole thing, then paint, then clear. we'll leave the truck at the booth over night and pick it up in the morning on sunday.

motor will get dropped in on sunday and hopefully fired up. the core support will also probably be put in on sunday as well.

the following weekend all loose ends will be tied up and i expect to be driving it home on the 25th. if i have to, i'll take a day off to finish putting things back together.

the following weekend is the midwest meet.

wish me luck
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote