View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 04:30 PM   #2133
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
cool compressor!! the pot blaster, I have one an will have to learn to use it cause all I did was blow walnut shells all over the driveway, with very little paint removed, lol
Yes, I get that Chad.

If you look at that pic I posted, it's sand everywhere as well and no progress.

I did manage to reseal the rest of the paving out front yesterday, and used all the sand I has swept up after the test run.

One bag down, one more to try to set up the machine.

Bret has written some great advice on Garage Journal.

Just a quick question. Are you sifting the sand with some screen? Even the sand I buy at the home store I have to sift it as it has large stuff that clogs the nozzle. Also if you are not getting enough sand the valve at the bottom of the pot is what you use to adjust the sand volume. On mine I don't use the valve at the end of the hose like yours has. I turn it on from the valve going into the pot. If you don't have a deadman valve and try turning it off with the valve you have on the end of your hose it will always clog.

And I know it was mentioned about the cubic feet per minute. My compressor is around a 11cfm and I can blast continuously. But that all depends on what that blaster uses.

Been under the weather the last week, ended up in bed,Friday, started antibiotics.
Yesterday and today still slow motion, as everything makes me real tired and out of breath.

Today I got stir crazy by afternoon, so did a lazy job, sanded and prepped this coffee table for Nicola as it had pen damage, gouges etc and years of grime and wear, followed by an extended period in a garage before she got it for £9.99

Belt Sander, then hand sanded, followed by cleaning the grooves and keying the rest of the wood.

Three coats of clear varnish........

And a Catscan later.

A few other light yard jobs saw me get out and come indoors early.

So much for starting on my transmission this weekend.

Hopefully next week.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote