View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #15
boostat4500

Re: What's my burb going to be worth?

Guess it's time for an update.

Last summer I worked quite a bit on it. I took the entire body, inside and out, down to bare metal and started fresh. Then pulled or filled any body issues. Shot the primer and block sanded the entire truck. Primered again and shot a sealer. That is how it sits right now. The body and axles are the only things attached to the frame. I'm basically just waiting for it to warm up again so I can paint it.

As for the engine bay. When the pictures were taken above, all I had done was get the motor in and running so I could drive it. The radiator has since been replaced, and probably will be again with an aluminum unit. The firewall is now filled and smoothed over and I have brand new inner fenders waiting to go back in. I'm swapping over to a hydroboost setup for the brakes, so all that ugly stock stuff will be gone. I plan to re-do the harness to clean it up as well. I also have some Doug Thorley LSx swap headers for it. Those might end for sale though, as I have a real itch to put a twin turbo setup on it.

The axles have all been cleaned up and painted. New aluminum diff covers and powder coated calipers. I also picked up a set of Rancho RS9000 shocks with the air compressor and remote control level adjuster. The front springs have also been replaced with 8" lift units, and new, beefier shackles in the rear. I don't want to crumple fresh painted fenders.

In the corner of the garage is a giant pile of brand new trim pieces waiting to go on, bumpers, grill, lights, bezels, interior harness, back up camera, Vintage Air Magnum IV, etc.

I just sold my 00' Chevy crew cab yesterday so now I'm really motivated to get back on this thing. I don't like not having a big truck of some sort.