View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 11:14 PM   #117
Jeffs70

Re: Jeffs70's Custom C-10 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick copper View Post
Lookin' SWEEEEET! Love the stake pocket removal! Wanting to do that and your radiatior/grille fill in. How hard were they to do?
Hey slick thanks alot. im very happy with the out come so far. alot of hard work but I think im getting there one day at a time. The Radiator/Grill fill in was actually really tough. took me a week to just get it fabricated. I had welded every piece there so thats what took so long. the curved area. is where the hardest was. I didnt have a roller for sheet metal so I cut some tubing in half and made it work just perfect and welded it to the sheet metal. I think if I had the roller it would have been so much easlier. now If you went along and made one with out the curve and just bent it into a 90 there it would work too and get away from all that hard work. but now that I did this I had to also mod it up on the underside to have a pull cable to open my hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972hays View Post
thats a cool lookin truck you got there
Thanks hays appreciate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick67 View Post
Jeff, I am glad you started this build thread and from the looks of it so do alot of others!! Keep up the great work!!
Hey Thanks Slick. If it wasn't for you bro I wouldnt have done it I dont think. You got me stoked and asked me several times to start one and I am glad you did. Thanks alot again for the compliments as I am also glad to see yours is coming along again.
Jeffs70 is offline   Reply With Quote