View Single Post
Old 03-08-2022, 04:32 AM   #1626
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Struggles with Photobucket that I cannot figure out means some pics are not uploaded from the weekend.

Anyway.

It was cold out.

@nickwheeler sat on his butt most of the day (and that is a bad thing in the cold as moving about generates heat)

He started by deleting a couple of wires from the loom…….

Not long before this was the situation.

Airbag loom removed along with plugs.

And then it just got worse as we decided that cleaning it up would mean tidy space and less wires to bend and force under the dash.

It also released a few inches of wiring to enable placement of certain parts like fusebox just that much better.

Looser fit with the new position of heater motor and the box I welded up for the matrix.

Another job I got on with was removing the headlights and buckets, which were also rotten beyond recovery, so the grinder was called into service, again.

The placement of the radiator means the original buckets really are in the way, so a bit of clever thinking once I get a new set of buckets, will be needed, as well as some trimming.

Different sizes.

Originals.

Beyond salvation really.

We eventually closed shop around 6.00pm as I had offered Nick and Sally dinner.

Leaving the car looking worse for wear, but actually we knew that a load of invisible work had been done over the weekend.

After dinner Nick took the wiring loom with him to go remove the door plugs and most of that part of the loom as well.

A few loose tasks set aside for this week, like getting the gear shifter extension made up.

Day job is a bit busy, and evenings are cold.

Another small job I need to get to is making a dual bracket for these guys to mont over the fender.

Roll on the weekend.

Progress….?
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote