View Single Post
Old 06-21-2023, 06:12 PM   #4480
mr.mud1

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

well i have been busy,not working on my truck and not all today but a little to show for the hard work.a month or so ago,we built a new deck on the back of the house.i told the guy who was here doing it,momma needed a new clothes line and i needed him to build that into the deck.i didn't think what he proposed would work and didn't.it wobbled all over the place and put a huge strain on the deck.i ripped what he built apart,dug a 6 foot hole in the ground and put a piece of 3 inch pipe,6 feet long in concrete,then built a new steel pole out of 2 1/2 pipe ,slid that down 6 feet into the 3 inch pipe,anchored it to the main frame of the deck,i think it's there to stay.then onto the greenhouse.the new greenhouse i built for my bride last year,blew away during Hurricane Fiona last fall.i found it down over the bank by my brook,we hauled it back up to where it belonged,made some repairs and she has put it to work again this year,well i'll be darned,if i didn't look the other day and was leaving again??so i dug some holes and today filled 5 gallon buckets with concrete and a chain bolted to a brake rotor down in the bottom of the bucket then filled them with concrete and chained up to the bottom sills underneath the greenhouse.tomorrow i'll cover it all in with stone and some dirt over top and make some new grass.the old water pump is going to painted up and planted out there somewhere and my wife will fill an old bucket with flowers and she'll hang it on the spout.i found the pump next door thrown down over the bank at what was my grandparents place.my grandfather passed in 1970 and my grandmother a year later.they bought the property in 1923,built a house and a barn,never had water in the house.i remember them drilling a well in 1969 and putting that old pump outside the front door,you'd think they won the lottery cause before that water was delivered or my dad or his brothers would haul it from a spring with a horse and wagon.
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote