View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 05:34 AM   #5009
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Who does not like free cash?

Free money all around, if you look.

Sometimes it is not convenient and in the wrong place.

But..... when your neighbour 5 houses down, starts to tear down a whole ground floor extension, in order to get a double storey up, there there is bound to be some collateral damage, and collateral FREE CASH

With the pile growing, while he burns a load of the timber every evening.

So of course, I needed to go have a word, and ask his permission to scavenge some of the timber.

With Sally having a rare day off work, getting her to help, and my back feeling a bit better, I was carrying literally one beam at a time back home.

Back home, Sally actually pulled up a chair and watched me remove nails and screws from the timber, using only remote or “long leverage” in order to not strain the recovery of my back. To be honest, being that I had been virtually painfree for almost a week, I was noit going to mess that up.

So everything was done cautiously, not my usual way tbh.

Examples of the wood being discarded..... 100x100 mm posts, all getting cutt up and burned in the drum of doom.

And then a pile of clean, ready to use wood.

I also used a few lengths to lay out and show Sally where I wanted the driveway concrete strips to be moved to, straightening the drive to a more useful lay.

Hosepipe shows planned curve of new concrete.

Though I may just opt for much straighter lines to make it a lot easier to cast and also for reversing down.

I am thinking of removing the bitsa slab down the bottom and casting it is one.

As a reward, I cooked a meaty dinner, and the steak turned out to be sublime.

We shared one steak, as there were sausages on the menu too.

On Sunday night the Fire of doom was at work again, so I walked home with one 2x4 strip, around 4 meters long, not a nail or screw in it.

Did we mention FREE CASH ?

And yes, it is getting used for a specific project.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote