View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 12:10 PM   #5011
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Timber prices are going nuts in the US, how about in you part of the world? That would be a gold mine around here.
Timber is costly here too.

But of FREE MONEY is even better.

Went to the hospital for an appointment with Mr Pillai, spinal surgeon.

Waited an hour.

Great consultant, sensible, logical, supportive.

Showed me the MRI from September last year..... I just smiled, my back is pretty knackered.

He agreed, however, after a thorough history and examination, he said that it seems that the year at home, gaining about 8kg and not being very active, had resulted in a bunch of stuff happening, and also degenerating, plus a random inflammatory response leading to the acute episode.

So he was able to offer surgery - 30% chance of not working, even making it worse, steroid injections - limited effect and not all gain the same benefit, or as we agreed, a conservative approach, which would include further osteopathy, exercise (gentle) and actively looking at weight loss to reduce strain on all related parts.

I can say that right now, I am 100 times better than three four weeks ago when I was really struggling, but at the same time, with the mechanical side of this as a permanent failure, the rest needs to be addressed with caution.

The consultant also said he would give me a 6 month “Get back in for free” ticket, so if things went bad or got worse in the next 6 months, I could contact his secretary and be pushed straight back into the front of the line.

So yesterday I did a small job.

Out with the old....

In with the new.

All better.

Fixed.

Today I made a start with the exercise, and to be honest, it left me hurting a bit, but thats all good.
This time last year I was walking 4 times this distance 4-5 times a week.

Weather was good.

Result.

Here in England, Monday is a public holiday, and in a very rare occurrence, Sally is off on Monday as well.

Plans include a BBQ with friends, and maybe processing some of the wood I rescued. Removing screws and nails.

Oh, and Rum and Pepsi Max tonight fr me, and a glass of sleep inducing wine for Sally.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote