View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 06:41 PM   #16
special-K
Special Order

Re: Project Bleed isn't just for trucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
Scope creep is part of my daily life it seems. I tell everyone about to start a home project to not do the first thing until you have about 1.5x the money you think it's going to cost. You will decide to do something a bit different/better, more of it, or have an "oh, crap" moment when you find something you have to fix while you are at it.

Just life. Gotta enjoy it because it's too short.
Project, move building. Simple enough, so let's begin. I think I need a temporary pavilion to put contents of building under during the prep and move. I'll just staple plastic up for side walls. It's temporary but it needs soffit and fascia to look better. Done. Might as well close in the exposed gable, tongue & groove beaded board will look good. Done. Only another 6' to reach the building it's built in front of. Might as well extend that. Done. There are already the few ceiling joists tying the side beams together. I can buy a few more 2 x 8s and some plywood to gain a loft for more storage. Done. Rain dripping and splashing off the roof. Gutter/Done. I think I'll keep this building in place with no sides for a covered work area. The grade is awkward on the high side. I need to form and pour a concrete curb to make the transition. Done. Before pouring that it was a good thing I thought to lay conduit for running power to the building it never had. Done.

This weekend I hope to be digging and laying in the conduit to the garage I built last year, then into the house cellar. I can't wait to get that power run. All these years I've been running a cord from the house to the barn

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote