View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 10:15 PM   #89
The Ohioian

Re: Hatzies 2005 2500HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzie View Post
I just did the rear brakes. You can't have rust on the rotors surface to pass NH safety inspection now. I'm so glad I have a nanny in Concord looking out for me.

Nothing that exciting. NAPA Fleet rotors and pads. You can look up the parts and reserve them or even pay for them online before going to the store. The rotors and pads cost about the same as parts from Rock Auto when you factor in $100 US shipping.

A gotcha on the 2005 K2500HD. 4.63" or 4.84" centre hole. I'm not sure what determines whether the larger or smaller hole rotor is fitted to the vehicle.
My truck has JH6 brakes and the centre hole is 4.84"

GM thoughtfully put the top caliper slide bolts and the brake pad carrier retainer bolts close enough to the spring pak that putting a ratchet on the T55 Torx slide bolt is impossible.
The top pad carrier bolt is an interesting exercise to access but not impossible to use a socket on. I would make sure you have a length of pipe and a long breaker bar if this is the first time these bolts have been off. I had difficulty turning the bolts with my 30" 1/2" drive breaker bar.

The parking brake is old fashioned cable and lever two shoe drum brakes that run inside the hat of your rotor. Nothing super special. Adjust them with a spoon once you seat the drum just like regular old fashioned drum brakes.

Inspections? Rust on rear brake rotor? Any rust how much we talking here?
The Ohioian is offline   Reply With Quote