View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 03:19 PM   #14
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: Timing & Gas Milage

One thing I learned from the docs, I am 95% sure my vacuum can is connected to ported vacuum and not manifold vacuum. My vacuum line comes from the can, to the front of my Qjet to the port above the right adjustment screw.

I "think" this location is the original factory connection and from the reading this was for emissions. While this is the factory distributor vacuum can source, it is not a proper source?? Gee I hope I read that right!

Edit:
yes, it does make a difference - the clearly reacts to manifold Vacuum as apposed to the connect I have it on the Carb that is ported. When on the Carb ported Vacuum, there isn't a difference when I disconnect it. When I moved to manifold vacuum, I gained roughly 150 RPMs and when I disconnect it I bounce back to my idle set speed from the carb's ported vacuum.

I also read here on this web page basically the same, distributor should use full manifold vacuum: Everything You Wanted to Know About Vacuum Advance and Ignition Timing

Edit 2:
Man, there is so much on Manifold vs Port Cab Vacuum ... talk about having a line in the sand with groups of people on either side!

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim

Last edited by Rich72C10; 02-09-2021 at 04:21 PM.
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote