View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 03:46 PM   #539
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

I did a couple of final prep items before the floor gets reinstalled. Rebent one of the fuel line lines from the tank. Inspection of the body mounts showed the lower side has deformed (photo #1). I will back up the mount with these perfectly sized little plates I had sitting around and that should fix the deformation. I also took sometime to pressurize the air system and look for leaks. I did find what appeared to be a defective push on fitting fortunately I had a spare used one and it solved the problem.
I drilled as many holes as I could off of the old wood. 26 out of 56 total. Then I clamped the underside supports down and lined them up with holes that I had located from the old wood and drilled them. Now I have 34 holes done!
In order to get the holes as accurate as possible I made some bushings that fit the holes in the old wood that kept the drill bit centered in the hole. For the body mount bolt washer I inserted the bolt with the washer on it and traced the washer. (Photo #2). I had drilled the same size hole in a piece of scrap wood to make a jig then clamped it over the traced washer. (Photo #3 I marked the depth of cut with a Sharpie on the outside of the hole saw. In addition I left the plug I had previously drilled in the scrap piece inside of the hole saw as a safety to make sure I didn't accidentally drill too deep. (Photo #4)
Photo #5 shows the finished washer hole with the offset for the body mount bolt.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377

Last edited by HO455; 09-27-2019 at 08:00 PM.
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote