View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 06:51 AM   #127
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

Re: '69 Longbed Daily Driver - Project

ok, so here's a teaser post. got a lot done up at my parents place this weekend, and lots of pics. However, i left my USB cable for my camera at my folks house, so pics will have to wait until tomorrow when i get to work.

Here's the run down of what got done. Friday night was SUPER productive. Saturday and Sunday were still productive, but it was a lot of small stuff.

Friday night:
8pm - start pulling the front clip
11:30pm - clip is off and we started on getting the engine ready to be pulled in the morning.
1:15am - cracked first beer (only 3 in the fridge)
1:25am - 2nd wind came, and we decided to pull engine, but we needed more beer
1:30am - quick run to the gas station for a 12 pack
3:00am - engine / tranny was sitting on the floor
3:15am - took some cool pics of the cross member smashing a "beer can pyramid"
3:30am - sleep

Saturday
swapped out the seat in my uncles 90's step side. Got the bed pulled, flipped, and sitting on a small trailer. we then moved it into the garage, leaving room for the truck.

I mocked up the gas tank and realized i had the wrong sending unit. A call to lockDoc and my brother lurch115 revealed the surplus tank was for a 73-86 truck. since i ordered it over a year ago, i forgot. oh well, o'rielly's will have the right one in for me tomorrow. I did get the hard line run down the frame rail.

also made a couple "fixes" to the air lines and wiring since the bed was off. now the air lines won't stick out past the roll pan like they do in the pics above.

The rest of saturday, until 1:30am was spent sanding, and sanding, and more sanding. My dad now has pink dust over everything in his garage.

he's REALLY excited about that

Sunday
Pulled the seat and got the tank out. nothing exciting here, other than the fact that my wife actually helped me with this part. although there are no pics to prove it, i swear i'll get pics next time she helps. i have a verbal commitment from her that she'll help do some sanding next weekend.

Oh, i did get the gas filler hole welded up, grinded smooth, and covered in some metal to metal.

then my wife made me come home....

26 days until it must be back on the road...

Last edited by IvelDesigns; 05-06-2008 at 06:53 AM.
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote