View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

Re: Starter Kill Relay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saclandman View Post
I am having a problem with my 2002 Chevy Tahoe. All the dash lights come on when I turn the key but starter does not crank. The battery, starter, alternator, and underhood starter relay are all new. It happens every so often, not all the time. Sometimes I have to hit the keyless remote a few times to get it to crank or just wait until a hear a click under the dash (after a few minutes). Anyone know which relay I need to replace and where? Any other possibilities or suggestions?
I had the same issue, with my 02 Silverado,(no crank, but dash lights ect). Checked, cleaned the cables, tested the battery...still no go! I then swapped the relays from the start & the headlight harness (same numbers)....it works, but I am not sure its fixed yet? It could be a neutral safety switch, or a flat spot on the starter armature, or ign switch problem. My starter is not new, so I may tap on the starter with a small hammer next time & then try to start the booger. ... intermittent is fun to diagnose! Send you BTT, for other eyes to see If you sort it out, let me know! Longhorn
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote