View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 10:41 AM   #757
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: My Big Fat Renovation

I figured this was coming... we've had multiple large hail storm storms, heavy winds, (and a couple tornadoes) that have caused massive damage in the upstate, and as a result... I can't even get anyone to come do an estimate for me for 2-3 weeks. On top of that, it won't stop raining, so I'm sure they're getting even further behind (just last week, between monday-wed we received over 7" of rain). We're already +22" of rain for the year and it's only May. Better than a drought year I guess. I might not be getting a roof until july or august unless I can convince someone my roof is more important than replacing a roof with a few hail dents (the hail damage roof replacement BS that goes on in this area is a joke).

Other good news is the roof is completely dry unless we get absolute torrential rains (when it rains that hard, it gets in under where my two tarps overlap on each side). It had a few drips where the tarps overlap when we had the torrential rains. I wish I would have thought to run a line of gorilla tape down the seam. That weatherproof gorilla tape is legit. It's been "raining normally" the last 3 days and it's completely dry in there when I checked this morning.

Good news, I kinda passed my framing inspection. I had no idea what to expect. I "failed" on the roof not being complete, my man doors not installed (funny that's a requirement but I don't have to have the large garage doors installed), I have to have my attic access built (I put my foot in my mouth on that one, should have said nope, nothing up there) and I have to finish nailing all my roof ties, no biggie there. He said it was good enough to not schedule it again until I'm done with those and the electric is roughed in and they can be done together. So a little weight lifted there.

I guess I'm going to take a break and finish up some left over projects inside the house, including repainting the little persons room.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote