View Single Post
Old 03-06-2022, 01:18 AM   #25
82c10gcl

Re: attaching lower door carpet panels

I'm making some progress on the dash, kick panels, etc. I ended up getting the black dash and having it dyed to the color I wanted. It was to be slate blue. but I think it turned out a bit darker than it was supposed to. Looks good though so I was okay with it and installed it. I now have to get the door panels and kicks dyed to match the new dash color so that will be happening in the next few months. in the meantime, I got a new brushed aluminum gauge surround and new brushed stainless trim for the doors and dash and got them installed today. They replaced the black ones that were part of the Scottsdale interior. Making headway, and hope to have the interior finished off for this summer.

I was planning on adding the original style interior window trim at the A and B pillars and above the doors and windows and then adding a headliner, but I saw something about having to cut slots into the cab's inner layer of metal to fasten the trim. Is this just for the chrome headliner trim (which I'm not planning on using) or does it apply to the plastic window and headliner trim as well. Can this trim be installed with just the screws or with velcro instead? I don't want to take on a bigger project than I can handle and cutting the slots scares me. I'm also reluctant to make any new holes of significance in the sheetmetal. Thanks for any help anyone can give me on this.

Glenn
82c10gcl is offline   Reply With Quote