View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 11:06 PM   #552
lutronjim

Re: 67-72 Electric speedo

Glad to see this thread still alive. I am starting to work on project again - lost my wife and am having a hard time getting anything going.

I am old with tremors and I knew I could't glue the S10 shaft onto C10 needle. I took a different approach. I drilled thru the cylinder where you attach the needle through the top with a drill the same size as the s10 stepper. I then drilled through the top with a drill sized like the C10 needle shaft. I then cut off the shaft to make a 'coupling adapter'. Put it on the C10 needle with a dab of glue.

This keeps the C10 with its correct counter weight. When I put it on the S10 speedo, it appears to have about the same space from the plate as the C10.

I ordered the red led from Radio Shack for the high beam indicator. They must have a different China supplier. While the mount appears to be the same as the thread pictues, it is too long to go between the odometer mechanism and plate. I have some small short red leds that I am going to have to come up with some way to mount.
Attached Images

lutronjim is offline   Reply With Quote