View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 01:28 PM   #121
Paul Y

Re: The English are coming! Or..another C10 in the Motherland.

So… After way more hours than is probably economic may I present the panel, which….

When compared to….

is a vast improvement… However, I appear to have a rather large high spot near the arch which I am pretty sure was part of the original damage to the bed side. To quote the illustrious Mr. James May…Oh Cock…

Where I have stuck another bit of Martins truck into the flanks I have a rather low spot but that is a bit easier to fix with a heat gun and a spot of Mr Isopons finest.

Decided that I am making things worse by chasing the dents and pin holes so am going to wait until my good friend Mr J ( he of classic Porsche restoration fame) comes and makes it all wonderful. Or less like a fat girls arse…

During all of the pulling, pushing, welding, grinding, welding. grinding, swearing etc I made a bit of an interesting discovery. Can you spot what it is yet?

The bed side ‘stay’ on the damaged side was different by a total of over 2”, not sure, but it looks like a rear stay.

Anyway, quick measure. Cut, File, and stuck in a fixture

all was good and managed to get the panel pretty much where I wanted it. Well apart from the high spot… Grrr….

Now embarking on the next repair before the bed goes back on using, this…

this…

and, most importantly this.

Stay tuned Campers!

P. 😃
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote