View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 04:53 PM   #7
whateverpratt

Day 4: hole drilling, steering, finishing up the trip

Day four goal was to finish up. We drilled the 4 holes, and bolted everything up.

An interesting discovery was that the manual steering box and the '63 idler arm will work in stick locations with the stock steering components of the c30. The idler arm TRE's were the same between the two as well as the pitman arm TRE's. So the old manual box and the old idler arm went back on for the purposes of being able to steer the old yellow rust bucket. I do think I'll go with the power steering eventually, but I might keep it manual for a while since it's simple and it fits everything so well.

The front tires look goofy because of the dually hubs, and the truck is leaning to the passenger side a little. This could be because the frame is bent, the front cross member is tweaked, the used tire I put on that side is a little smaller despite being the same size, the passenger coil is a little tired, the rear doesn't have the trac bar installed yet, or who knows. I'll figure that out eventually.

The next time I return to my homeland will be a time of rear axle work, brake work, and making the truck move under it's own power again.
Attached Images

whateverpratt is offline   Reply With Quote