Thread: 47-59 Cameo interior colors
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 07:47 PM   #2
1project2many

Re: Cameo interior colors

Do these colors look at all like these '58 Cameo colors? If so, I believe the upper dash color matches my '57.

I have three colors listed for my interior but only one dark gray:Volkswagen MittelGrau L72R. We were using Standox back then and they had some really good coverage for European vehicles. The closest thing I can find to a paint chip tonight is the color dot here: https://www.tristarcolor.com/autolac...ten-spruehdose

I have been told Standox is owned by Dupont and here in America. They don't seem to have a major presence here. They do have a historical color library available online which contains hundreds of not thousands of Dupont color chips but they are accessed by carmaker then by year. Their database does not return a colorchip for Mittelgrau.

Standox is based in Germany. You can access their Color Search online. The search confirms VW used L72R Globally as an exterior color, and they indicate the information was added in 1982. Maybe someone can help create a Dupont formula from Standox?

If you have a shop or know of anyone who has access to My Standox or the World Color Guide you may be able to find paint chips to do your own comparison. The Standox product went down nicely. All of the interior of my truck is single stage and it's help up very well since 1997.

I can try to grab a picture of my dash in the daylight.
Attached Images

Last edited by 1project2many; 06-08-2021 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Added paint info
1project2many is offline   Reply With Quote