View Single Post
Old 09-27-2022, 09:23 PM   #7
mr48chev

Re: Auction with lots of AD and TF and others in Nebraska

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62c30 View Post
I'm just over 500 miles away. With a year to pick up though maybe fuel prices will go down to make it a little cheaper? Or they could go the other way and really suck. I just wonder how rusty they are and the absolute worst part would be choosing just one.
\\

Just as with anything you can't go out and look over before you buy it is buyer be wary and don't overbid. Plus factor fuel and other expenses in.

The year to pick it up might cause the bids on some stuff to be higher though. I can't even count the number of times I didn't bid on somethign because the alloted pickup time didn't allow enough time to ask for time off if you did have the winning bid.

The other plus for me is that I can drive to my son and daughter in laws in Wendall, play with my grandson and leave my wife there to play grandma for a couple of days while I go to Nebraska, pick the what ever up, Go Walk around Cabellas for a couple of hours and snoop their bargain room and spend time in the gun library (worth the trip if you hunt or shoot) and head back to Idaho and visit for a day or two and head home.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote