Thread: Crayon-a-Gone
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 10:45 AM   #1
redneckgirl

Crayon-a-Gone

Ok...first I have to admit something...when we were getting my truck together, we were running out of time for a show we were trying to get her ready for. The black paint around the outer edge of my 72 grille wasn't paint at all. It was electrical tape my FIL put on there. unless you knew to look for the seam, you couldn't tell.
After 3 years, it started pulling off on the upper right corner. So the other day I started pulling it off. After I had it off (a few areas of black glue remained) I realized my bottle of adhesive remover was MIA. I rooted through my cupboard trying to find something that would take it off without damaging the already oxidized grille.
I found a bottle of Crayon-a-Gone that I keep handy because my 4 year old is an 'artist'. I tried it. It took the glue right off...
Then I realized something....the oxidation was gone as well. I wiped the whole outer grille shell and the headlight bezels. It removed the oxidation. I was floored. That was several days ago. It is still bright, with no oxidation returning as of yet.
The biggest drawback is that the stuff has a fairly strong smell, and after sitting in the garage overnight, I could still smell it when I walked to the front of the truck

you can tell the difference if you look behind the bumper...forgot to get in there and wipe that area down...
Name:  0522091817.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  46.0 KB

Last edited by redneckgirl; 05-25-2009 at 10:46 AM.
redneckgirl is offline   Reply With Quote