View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
07SSSC

Best place for buying a complete LS drivetrain?

Where are you guys finding the best prices and general best places for a complete swap setup? I've got a '93 K2500 that lost 3rd and 4th gear yesterday (long time coming), well the engine is very worn out too (190,000 miles worth of worn, plus it hasn't led a very easy life, the P.O. wasn't kind to it). I initaially thought of rebuilding and beefing up the stock trans and likewise building a stroker out of the engine, but for the price of that whole mess I may as well swap it all over and be that much further ahead. And by swap I mean engine, trans AND t-case plus all the wiring, PCM, etc, of course.

I'd like to run a 6.0/4L80E setup since the '93 is used mostly for hauling, but definitely not opposed to the standard 5.3/4L60E since they were put into everything and even that would be a huge step ahead of the 350 TBI it has. The few yards I've checked so far are ridiculous (one quoted $4500!) but yet I've seen some screaming deals you guys have gotten on here. So where are you getting those deals? I would gladly drive a fair distance for the right deal even. I'm not even opposed to buying a complete totalled truck and pulling it all myself, not to mention I could resell the left over parts to recoup some fundage. Thanks.
07SSSC is offline   Reply With Quote