View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 12:37 AM   #7
nikwho

Re: Picked up another old pickup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
nice truck!
what kind of in bed spare mount is that?
3 trucks, what size stall do you have?
Hey Ogre,
Thanks! I'll take a photo of the back side of the mount tomorrow. It's pretty slick, actually, doesn't take up much space, adds to the look of the truck (in my opinion) and makes the spare very easily accessible. It seems like either a factory or after market offering. It didn't seem to be home made. There's a little foot the holds the tire at the bottom that is chrome plated. I'll post more info tomorrow.

I have a 3 stall garage. This truck got one of the designated interior parking spots. It'll reside indoors with my '61 Cadillac and my wife's car. The other trucks and the old Fairlane have to park outside, sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getter-Done View Post
Nice.

Those whitewalls acutally suit that truck well.
Thanks! I really like them. I think that I'll stick with the bias ply wide whites on this one. Having two vehicles to buy wide white walls for now is going to make me adjust some priorities. I need to start putting white walloney aside in savings, and buying one or two, periodically. I had just started looking for a set of white walls for the Cadillac, when I found this truck.