Thread: gas leak?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 09:04 PM   #14
vtwinsport

Re: gas leak?

I didn't change to electric pump yet. i plan to do that when I put a rear mounted tank in. It currently side mount passenger side.
I suspect the hb has slipped and I plan to replace it when I do the heads and cam this summer.
For now, I put the timing tape on and realized that i can't see what my total advance is because only 15% of the tape is visible as the water pump is in the way. Didn't notice this when using just a mark because the edge of the mark was visible. So, I either have the wrong balancer or wrong timing cover for the rebuilt block I bought. Could be a later block that requires a later hb- don't know what block I got when buying this rebuilt. I figured they would be close enough- maybe not.

That said, I changed the timing to correspond to the corrected hb mark and its definately snappy and responsive now. There is virtually no knock and I have my vac advance blocked off. I put in an MSD distributor afterwards and lighter springs for full advance earlier. It still seems like it need a pro's touch but maybe it will get better gas mileage. I'll let you all know.
No pictures for the moment. Just moved from TX to AB, Canada and my camera stuff is packed. I'll add some in the next month or so.

76 Silverado, 2wd, long box, 350/th350, 3.42 posi, edelbrock performer 64cc heads, edelbrock 1405, 2101 intake, Hedman Headers, Comp Cam XE262
http://beerbreadbike.wordpress.com/

Last edited by vtwinsport; 05-04-2009 at 09:05 PM.
vtwinsport is offline   Reply With Quote