Thread: LT1 GenV swap
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 12:29 AM   #62
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Re: LT1 GenV swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddoky View Post
Are you going to attempt to retain the use of the vacuum pump? It's interesting to note that the aftermarket controllers GM sells to support the LT1/LT4 crate engines defeat cylinder deactivation functionality of the engines and therefore the need for the vacuum pump.
Yes sir,
Stock truck intake doent have a provision for vacuum port's. The car lt1 has a port iirc. But no need to buy it if the vacuum pump fits between the frame rails without mods so why not keep it for the brake booster and in the trucks application vacuum ac controls. Expecially for the guys that do cams. There's hydropower option, but again more parts to buy. No worry about lack of vacuum with either option. To me, be silly to delete the vacuum pump only to by a electric vacuum pump or retrofit hydroboost. The way the intake is molded... it seems someone would have to cut into it to make sure they get the right spot to get the vacuum source.
As far as DOD... im sure most people swapped or not remove that feature.

But the beat thing about swaps is the aftermarket support

Clint

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote