View Single Post
Old 02-09-2023, 07:27 AM   #5
Corts60
Just here to tinker

Re: seeking kill switch suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckin 79 View Post
I use on of these on positive battery cable, mainly to save battery from discharging. The Die Hard battery in truck is about 15 years old, starts the truck every time. CO has become the #1 state for car thefts as of late, I really wish people would stop moving here. Anyway I have also added the club to my truck as an extra safety measure. The truck also has a hood release that is inside the cab 79 so that also helps. Simple install of battery kill switch as well
X2 on battery cutoff switch with removable key. But you’ll want to mount it so that it is difficult for the thief to get to the terminals on the back or they’ll just jump them and steal it anyway. The only bummer is this will reset your radio settings every time you use it.

OR

What I’ve done in the past is mount a normally closed momentary push button in the radiator support so it contacts the hood when closed. I then wire the horn through this switch so if I’m someone pops the hood, the horn immediately blasts and won’t stop until the hood is closed. This is usually enough to bring attention and scare people away. You can add another on/off switch in series and hide that somewhere convenient for yourself so you can get under the hood without making the horn go off. Easy and cheap.

Then all you have to do is pull the ignition wire out of the coil and you’re all set. Once they pop the hood to see why it won’t start, boom.
Corts60 is offline   Reply With Quote