View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 12:09 PM   #1138
LT7A

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Good point on values. Keeping up my values is a central part of how I'm put together. It seems that values in general are eroding to become something that is situational, conditional - at one's discretion - or worse... convenience. At which point, they become nothing more than weak guidelines, if that. Life is so much better with a well developed value system. Makes it easier to navigate what would otherwise be sticky situations, even though it is uncomfortable, one usually knows what the right thing is to do. That's kind of where the flag perspective comes in for me. I feel sorry for someone who doesn't love and respect their country, but I consider it their loss and don't get too worked up about it. But there are some baseline indicators of respect, and one of those is handling our national symbol with some degree of care. As previously noted, I don't assume your buddy intended any disrespect, but it definitely caught my eye.

Good work on getting your tailgate latch and spindle/lug/ whatever the right word is. It is funny how a simple little part can be so much fun to find and install.

Also, sorry to hear about your back. Sounds awful. Mine is not 100%, and causes me trouble on occasion, but your current situation sounds like it could take the starch out of a guy. And you are accustomed to working on things all of the time. Get the rest you need man, and I have found that core strengthening and overall fitness is something that helps me greatly. FWIW, YMMV.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote