View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 12:15 PM   #714
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

Re: 1971 Stepside LS Build

Quote:
What kind of finish did you put it on it originally? The water-based Minwax clear finishes aren't supposed to be as yellow, or you can go with an automotive clear coat.

And what is that screw in your door just below your vent window handle? I had never noticed it until now. Neither of our trucks have that.
I used an oil based poly that was recommended, but it yellowed. I will either do a water based poly or just shoot the automotive clear over the red stain.

HAHAHA! The second person to ask about the bolt. In 72 the doors had these to keep the metal from splitting like they were prone to doing in previous years. I put 72 doors on mine because I wanted to go with the 72 door panels and I had a clean rust free original on the passenger side.

...and yes, I know my door hinge bolts are black
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote