View Single Post
Old 12-10-2023, 07:16 PM   #61
jasinger01

Re: 1969 GMC.. right off the farm

Luckily, I was able to take my time and chase the threads on the steering shaft. Got the grant wheel installed, looks great with all the rest of the black.

I also sold my old short bed which needed a total restoration. After the metal work on the cab the last couple years, I chose to start with a better situation on the bed.

I bought this short bed from a friend, which has new bed sides (still have LMC stickers on the inside), some new cross members, and some original pieces like the front panel and the rear most cross member. Driver side has a couple small dings I can pull out, but passenger side is perfect. Next time I roll the truck out, I will get some better pictures. I also got a new tailgate with it and brand new in box wheel tubs. He had it with 4" wide tubs and I did not want those.

It just had some plywood in as a floor. I am not exactly sure what I am going to do about the floor yet, either a wood kit or maybe some dressed up plywood. I don't want to do a steel floor. The last pic shows the plywood setup that he had in it. Maybe a will make a nicer version of this with the new wheel tubs.
Attached Images

jasinger01 is offline   Reply With Quote