View Single Post
Old 05-18-2023, 11:12 PM   #332
cornerstone

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

I've been off of the truck project for about a week taking care of other crap. Responsibilities are overrated. Anyways, this morning I was able to get the cab prepped and masked off for a couple coats of high build urethane primer. First I shot any remaining bare metal spots with a final coat (hopefully) of epoxy primer, then laid down 50 ounces of high build. Since I've already bought all the paint I know I probably won't go through with this thought, but I think the truck would look cool with a low sheen, almost suede look textured paint. Kind of how the tinted Raptor Liner looks on this Dodge truck. Has anyone seen one of our trucks done this way? I'd want to have the 2 tone with all the trim as well. It would sure hide any boo-boos in the body work and be unique. I can only imagine what a pain in the a$$ it would be if I ever wanted to take it off. I do like a patina look as well, so if my paint work turns out lousy maybe that'd be an option instead of stripping it back to metal. I nabbed these images from the web.
Attached Images

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote