View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 11:23 PM   #118
cornerstone

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint_9 View Post
What was all done to the tune/ecm? Do you have any codes?

One thing you could do is unhook an injector and hook up a noid light to see if its pulsing the injector.
Thanks for helping me Sprint! I really can't say what was done to the tune. I will send the guy an email and try to get some details. He is a board member so I'll shoot him a PM first. I hooked up my code reader but it is not seeing it I guess. At this point I'm betting it's something on my end.

I had to look up what a noid light is if that gives you an idea my about understanding of fuel injected engines. I watched a good video on testing injectors and I do have a test light so that'll be my next task.

Today I fixed the lousy ground from the battery with a legit battery cable from the donor truck. Also used a full size Optima red top car/ truck battery instead of a Harley Davidson battery. Gave it another go and again no fire... at least this time I din't dump a few ounces of tranny fluid out of the slip yoke hole. I found a cap that fit snug and pushed it on. Now that most of the weight is on the chassis do you think I'm good to go get a driveshaft made?

Since dinner wasn't ready yet and I needed some good vibes to gain motivation I put a spitshine on the truck and cleaned up the wheels. For the past few months I have not had the bags inflated since I needed to relocate the manifold. Not wanting to let the trucks weight rest on the collapsed bags, I stuck some pieces of 2x4 between the lower control arms and the cross member. It looked pretty goofy up in the air all this time so I yanked those out and replaced them with shorter ones. It will be way easier to work on it now too. Looks way better now. The primer actually looked pretty good after I wiped a few layers of dust off it. I took these pics today.
Attached Images

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.

Last edited by cornerstone; 04-04-2020 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Added pictures
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote