View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 10:12 PM   #94
caseyjones

Re: 1964 C10 Survivor

I've finally finished the rust repair and it feels pretty good. I took a different approach to fender this time - I left the majority of the original lip intact, installed the brace, then folded over the lip on the new skin on my vise anvil before fitting it to the fender. that left a much flatter, better reference for the back edge. This side had a much worse mismatch with the shape at the fender lip than the passenger side though. I worked it for quite a while to get the patch to line up and it's still not great. I replaced the splash shields and the rubber seals against the firewall while I was in there.

I put the sheetmetal all back together since the guy at the NAPA paint store is having a hard time with the match. I kind of want to drive it as-is for a bit to make sure I got seam sealer in all the right places and don't have any other surprise leak paths.
I'm switching up the wheels-got the fronts painted and new tires mounted today. Summit says the rears that I ordered Christmas day will ship this week...we'll see...
caseyjones is offline   Reply With Quote