Thread: 65 c20 revival
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2022, 04:37 PM   #19
SpudWrench

Re: 65 c20 revival

Small update, big things ahead.

I decided to rebuild trans, that was a waste of money should have just run it but at least I know its exact condition. SM420 kit from novak.com

Going through engine, picked up a 1966 square bore 4-barrel intake. trying to figure out proper carburetor for it. May not use but would be cool to convert my 195hp 283 to the 220hp version while I'm here

Think the engine has been rebuilt at one time. I can't find the paint color to match what's on it. Some sort of blue? Getting conflicting search results for an original engine color on a 283. Was going to paint trans but don't want to cover up those cool crayon marks.

Ujoints are here and driveshafts are cleaned up and painted. I went with the Spicer 1350X non greaseable. I'm not going off road it and don't want to bother with a re-greaseable type.

I have the body pieces sealed up in storage. I probably wont to the big move until weather gets better. April showers have been especially bad this year

If any of you chevy veterans can point me in the right direction on engine 4-barrel swap info and paint color, it would be appreciated. Currently seems to be the stock 283 with powerpack heads.
Attached Images

-Shia LaBeouf
SpudWrench is offline   Reply With Quote