View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 11:53 PM   #97
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS short box View Post
Toddoky,

Can I ask why you kept your oil pan 1.5 inches off the front cross member? The reason I ask this question because when I was running a T56 magnum to keep the engine angle to a minimum I had to trim the upper trailing cross member pass thru hole to clear the drive shaft.
Seems to me the engine could be lower maybe an inch? I am running 6" drop in the back. On my 68 C10 LS I'm running a F-body oil pan. With just using my calibrated eye ball (and a tape measure) the drag link is a bit higher than the top of the cross member.
Not saying your engineers haven't done their home work just asking.
If you are referring to my previous post, you misinterpreted the reference to the 1.5”. That is the amount by which the bottom of the sump area of the Holley 302-2 and 302-3 oil pans tuck up above the bottom surface of the engine crossmember, it is not the distance between the front ends of the oil pans and the top of the cross member. The Hooker Blackheart engine mounting brackets and transmission crossmember keep both the engine oil pan and a 4L60e or 4L80E trans pan tightly tucked to the underside of the frame rails. The bulbous rear extension housing of a T56 transmission dips slightly below the bottom frame plane. If you are lowering a vehicle by 6” and need to trim a stock part of the vehicle to make possible, I would consider that an acceptable requirement. I've added the attached image so those interested can see the height of the front of the engine relative to the steering center link with the Holley 302-2, or 302-3 oil pan being used.
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Last edited by toddoky; 01-24-2020 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Added information
toddoky is offline   Reply With Quote