View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 10:05 AM   #7
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: *NOOB* about to do an LS swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakedoc View Post
LQ4 with a stage 2 cam

This isn't a thing. Stage 2 what? 2 of 3, 2 of 9? Could mean anything unless you have a cam card/spec.

1. Headers. My SBC currently has short tube headers. If I put short tube headers on the LS, will my current exhaust work? Its okay to tell me if that's a stupid question.

You can probably make the back half of the exhaust work (if its a decent size), but you'll still end up needing to make some sort of front pipe or transition pipe from the LS headers to the rest of the exhaust.

2. Fuel line. I'm going with the blazer tank and 97 chevy fuel pump route. The engine is a 2001, so there is a return line. Should I run -6 or -8 for the return. And does anybody have any idea how much line I'll need of each for a 72 shortbed? Is there a kit that doesn't cost a thousand bucks? I'm going to get a DELPHI HP10001 from rockauto for the sending unit/pump. I can see in the pics that it has screw on connectors. AN fitting with fit that I believe.

-6 is 3/8 and is fine for a return line. You can do down to a 5/16 if desired, thats what o.e. is. IMO I wouldn't spend that much for braided return line, I just made a small braided section on the motor end and the tank end, then bent and ran a 3/8" hardline. The return isn't under vast pressure or stress, so spending the $$ in that particular place doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks all, these are two questions I couldn't get solid info on through research. Any help would be appreciated.
tacos

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote