View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 12:56 AM   #408
Kronald_70GMC

Re: My 1970 GMC Project

Well another month has gone by and tonight I decided that it was time to get another evening in. Im aiming to be back to at least one night a week on the ol girl. Tonight I have mostly got my rocker prepped and ready to weld in but im having a few issues with it fitting to the inner rocker so I will need to address that first, it also needs the usual slice and dice at the ends. Ive spent almost the whole evening playing around with panel gaps. I think that I have found the sweet spot though, it will be getting some more refinement in body work stage as well. The only gap that is not that nice is the lower door to rocker gap which is currently at 3/8". Not a big problem though as I will be re skining the lower door and can add my 1/4" to the door at that point. I even threw the cowl panel on just to see how it would line up. It appears to be wide but I'm not sure on that one yet. I also ended up having to dimple in a small recess into the windshield pillar as the front of the door was touching the cab there. I just traced the door line onto the cab and slowly chased it with a hammer and chisel until it looked right. I think it worked out nicely and I do not think it will be at all noticeable.
Attached Images

1970 GMC "Project Splice"

2017 Silverado LTZ (Daily Driver)

IG: kyle_ronald
Kronald_70GMC is offline   Reply With Quote