View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 05:00 AM   #486
mr48chev

Re: Post your C/L finds for everyone to enjoy!

That 53 GMC is a nifty truck but a few things say that someone did some short cut and you either have a choice of leaving it as is and driving it and Taking it to some local events or you tear it down to the bare frame and RESTORE it to as perfect as you can get all original truck. Being a factory hydromatic truck to me means that you restore it rather than modify it. If it had a 3 speed or granny 4 speed I wouldn't be too concerned.

As far as it being for sale for a long time. Some guys run more prospective buyers off than you can count. I've showed up with cash in my wallet to buy a couple of rigs over the years and walked away because the guy who had it just flat wasn't someone I wanted to do business with. One even ran me off when I showed up in my 48 to look at some Chevy truck parts he had for sale. The cussed me for modifying my truck and told me to get off his place.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote