View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 04:03 PM   #11
Six862m6

Re: Washer Pump Size Issue

So here are the pictures of the pumps with the covers off side by side. Maybe I shouldn't have said VERY different..... there are obviously quite a few similarities but they are still a long way from being the same thing.

And yea, essentially I can no longer move the gear/plunger mechanism on my old pump again after it was cycled a dozen times or so with the wiper motor gear.

I'm leaning more toward just getting a spacer for the LMC pump at this time given what I found about the RockAuto pump. Unless someone wants to chime in on that particular Goodmark pump (which may be exactly what I currently have from LMC), I don't think I want to chance buying theirs as their picture of it looks more like my LMC pump than my truck's original pump.

Anyone have or know where I can get a spacer for the LMC pump? If nothing else I can use washers as spacers if I have to.....

Oh.... the other thing to note is that the gears on the motors and the mating "nubs" on the pumps are not the same. On my truck's original motor the gear is metal and the nub on the pump is plastic...... on the LMC pump the nub is metal but the pump DID come with a new plastic gear for the motor.... yea, I won't be attempting to change the gears out as it definitely does not want to come off....
Attached Images