View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 06:22 AM   #19
Six862m6

Re: Washer Pump Size Issue

Well, I got the screw and spacer from the hardware store yesterday and installed the pump on my motor. No joy though; star gear was moving the notch on the pump fine and when I activated the washer button the part would move on the pump but ultimately the actual rod for the pump was/is not moving. Even though the notch part is cycling back and forth, the part "rod" that goes to the diaphragm/actual pump is not catching and moving.

LockDoc - I just sucked on the feed hose like a straw until I got some washer fluid in my mouth.... seemed the best way to prime it to me. Ha. Moot point at the moment; if the pump is not actually cycling then it's not going to work anyway.

Hunter - I'm hoping you're wrong on the gear thing as that is where I will draw the line. It will take a puller to pull that metal gear off my motor and I'm not going that far. I actually think it's just a wear thing as the notch on my old pump is actually plastic instead of metal like on the new pump. Size/shape wise I compared them and there really isn't any difference that I could see. It did catch and cycle the new pump's notch fine as mentioned above.

At this point I am going to return the LMC pump..... I must have bought the last one they had in stock as I checked the other day and it now says "Backordered" on their site. HA Regardless, they can have this one back as I think it is defective and I am going to purchase one of the Goodmark's from RockAuto and see how it works.