View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 07:46 PM   #60
Dannny B

Talking Re: NAPCO C-50 Chevy restoration

I started this thread under "Heavy haulers",,, Seemed logical. I didn't know that there was anothr thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=510114
The third picture on the first post shows my parking brake,,,, that I don't have. I'm still looking. Hint to 63KC50NAPCO4X4
Well, progress on the c-50 is going a bit slow. I really don't have much more to do. I need to put a floor in the bed. Plan to use galvanized sheet.
I cut out a 1" plate to go ontop of the spring and U-bolts. That gave me a STRONG base for my track bar. I welded a heavy plate onto the frame and engine mount. That gave me the other plate. I built a track bar out of 3/4 in. Heim joints.
It is attcahed with 3/4 aircraft bolts.
I went out for a drive. The death wobble comes in a bit sooner now. Since I have no weight on the back axle, it rides high on the leaf springs. I suspect that the existing caster shims just aren't enough to compensate for the high rear end.
It started shaking at about 35 mph this time. Went out of control and hooked left. I locked it up and ended just as before,,, crosswise in the center of the street.
I plan to kick up the caster but, that will make it harder to turn. Does anybody have a power steering pump and mounts for a 292?

Also, I ran into another Heavy Hauler. Only problem is, it's a F**d Big Job F-900 Marmon Herrington dump truck. It's 4 wd with a 317 V-8 and air brakes. 1956 for 2 grand. Would YOU pass up on a deal like that?
Dannny B is offline   Reply With Quote