View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #23
98layinframe

Re: Current S10 build project 350 swap and 4" bodydrop

Other random updates, got my 6" narrowed rearend back from the shop! Custom Moser axles, limited slip diff and 4:10 gears all installed. Stock axles sitting there as kinda a comparison..

Then since I decided to chang everything around for the stock spindles.... went ahead and cut up the control arms a little more. Now they will layout a set of 24's with drop spindles and a "stock" standard height SD upper bag cup.

Made up my control arm jig and started cutting away.

Then I got side tracked again with another new project I picked up! I'm fighting the urge to work on it until after the First gen is atleast out driving around... its tuff.

Brought the truck home, and then promptly took it up to my dads warehouse to disassemble and tuck it away for the time being.

the storage tear down..

everything is amazingly beautiful and rust free... even the old brake lines are still in nice shape! no scale or anything other then a little surface rust on the frame.

http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/i...6ce6b6a7/l.jpg

not working on it... but allready buying parts.

ok little more updating of the past few months.

Not sure which way Im going to end up going with the 1951, whether I use the stock frame or go the S10 frame route alot of guys go. Either way, picked up an 03 quad cab S10 for fairly cheap and parted it out. The cab and bed are sold to 2 of my club buddies up in NY, sold off... well more like practically gave away the motor, tranny and wheel/tire combo since people around here are dirt cheap. Anyways long story short, I kept the frame, front suspension, and rear axle to possibly use under the 51.

bringing it home.

then tearing it apart.

Also, since I bought the 51, that puts me now at 6 vehicles... which is getting a little ridiculous.... so If ya know anyone that would be interested in buying my beautifully rust free 1982 C10 long bed let me know. Asking 5500.00 OBO I love that style truck, and its not costing anything more then 17 bucks a month for insurance... so not in any hurry to sell it if I dont get a reasonable offer. Would look pretty badass slammed down and towing the 51.

BACK ON TOPIC.

worked a little yesterday and then tonight on the firewall and wheel tubs area. started cutting and tacking things in place. Ended up moving the 7" booster assembly up 1" and shorting the brake pedal enough to work with the 4" higher floor all while maintaining the stock lever ratio. Due to the stock spindles the wheels obviously camber in like crazy when laid out.

made the tubs sit in towards the booster as far as possible, and set into the cab little deeper then needed so there's plenty of clearance around the tires when laid out. Also this extra clearance allows me the ability to turn the truck some at any ride height from laid out on up.

How much I can turn the wheels laid out.... assuming the fenders will allow it.

and then with the hood closed (which by the way needs the structure trimmed out since its sitting on the tire) how much the truck can turn at a 1" ride height.