Thread: Project Texa Go
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #33
gdavis

Re: Project Texa Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billett View Post
Finally made some decisions and got a bit more done. After reading the most recent Hot Rod magazine I was inspired to continue on my original path of just making the truck a fantastic DD. Maybe another inch or two of static drop with some good, quality performance suspension components, adjustable panhard, swaybars, etc. I'd like to swap out the sbc 350 for a more economical and more powerful lq4. I thought about adding a GV unit to the 465, but at $3000 I'd rather toss in a tko/t56/nv4500. I don't really tow much and it's only 2wd so I'm not super concerned about the granny gear. Air con would be nice and I think I'll relocate the tank to the bed so I can put some speakers in the cab. Disc brakes all the way around and a decent rear with s locker will round it all out. Still trying to figure out what to do with paint though..

Obviously this is going to be a long, expensive process, but I like to plan way ahead and take things one step at as time and unless I write it all out so I can look back and go "hey that's why I wanted to do that" I'll end up going crazy.

First step in this process? Readjust the timing... I took her into the shop last week since I couldn't pass emissions for high co%. I checked fuel pressure since the edelbrock 1406 I have doesn't like it high, and readjusted a few setting on the carb. Still wouldn't work so I was going to go out for a timing light, but decided instead of wasting a ton of time I'd just take it in. Last time I went to the station I got a co reading of 8.9%, 7% is passing. Got it back with a co% of .34, but my co2 jumped up to 13.5%! I'm thinking that the shop just retarded my timing a ton to make it pass inspection, but now I have to keep my big toe on the throttle at stops or it wants to die every time. I've tried to adjust the carb again to keep it alive, but it just feels really off still. I realize that it was wrong before so what I am used to is not correct either, but it seems like they took my timing to the other extreme... Going to head out for a timing light this week and have a crack at it.

To keep you interested though here's a nice pic!

I love the picture of the sun set with the truck in front. That is God's work and your build.
gdavis is offline   Reply With Quote