View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 10:18 AM   #98
dayj1

Re: Another way to skin the cat; the High Torque 292 LS swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
Excellent job and write up Jonathan! Top notch as always, .
Thanks, Rob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Great job on the AC. You said for the discharge line you started with a line from a 2003 Tahoe, what about the components for the suction line? Is the compressor block and short hard line a factory part or did you get it from something else?

All in all it looks good!

Thanks! I'll start with what I intended to do instead of what I actually did (because it would have been easier). I removed the end of the factory Tahoe suction hose and was just going to use a weld on bead lock adapter similar to the discharge line. But, I ordered the wrong fittings for that. The factory suction line is #12 instead of #10 like most aftermarket/universal setups. What you'd need is the end of the factory hose (with the block to attach to the compressor), a #12 weld on bead lock fitting, a #12 hose to #10 male o ring fitting, and about 3 feet of number 12 hose to make the suction line.

Now, for your original question, in a mad scramble to find a solution that didn't involve waiting another week for fittings, I bought the 180* #10 beadlock fitting that you see in the pictures locally and used that short compressor block hard line that I had squirreled away from some past project. I honestly don't remember where it came from, but I think it came in a kit from Doc's Blocks. Unfortunately, they no longer sell retail.
dayj1 is offline   Reply With Quote