View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 08:20 PM   #19
Dongray

Re: Project: Analysis Paralysis 1950 3100

Im embarrassed to say this but I cut the freakin rear wheel studs too short, SOB! I measured them with the spacer in place but the rotor? What rotor? Now I am punching the short ones out and trying to install the longer ones. I dont have a press so just using several over size washers and pulling the stud through by tightening the lug nuts, what a pain in the arse talk about slow going.

I got the rear drivers side new wheel studs, wheel and disc brakes completely installed and am working on replacing the wheel studs on the passenger side. I didnt have the pin or the c-clips installed on the passenger axle and while turning it to get to the next stud the spider gears fell out of the differential, Unbelievable!! It was late, I was tired and probably should have quit earlier. I wasnt planning on learning about how to fix a rear diff. but I guess I really didnt want to install the cab this weekend. As frustrating as it was I would rather be doing this than be at work!

So now next weekend plans will be to temp install cab, radiator mount and mock up the engine so I can install the 292 motor mounts.
Dongray is offline   Reply With Quote