View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 06:40 PM   #39
Black66C20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72cs20 View Post
With my 14 bolt, 4.10's and 31.5 inch tall tires - about 2450 rpm at 65. Yours sounds about right with the taller tires.

Regarding your windshield install. Did you have problems getting the gasket to fit or seat properly? What issues arose? The reason I'm asking is I have gaps between the gasket and windshield frame at the upper and lower corners on the passenger side. This is with new glass and gasket. I can't tell if it was installed incorrectly or poor quality windshield and/or gasket.
What trans do you have? (OD gearing?)

That windshield install was one of the hardest things I’ve done to date on the truck haha the gasket is pretty loose on the windshield so I used lots of tape, the chrome is the only thing that keeps it’s shape held, but even then it didn’t want to stay even remotely close. 3/4 attempts the gaskets and chrome all came off the window at the top corners. Even when finally installed and seated my chrome doesn’t sit very flush near the top corners. But the gasket itself is seated right the whole way inside and out. I hope this helps? Feel free to post pictures or send me a message with pictures.
Posted via Mobile Device
Black66C20 is offline   Reply With Quote