View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 10:26 PM   #5
hotrod 80
mini truck racer

Re: M/T pro bracket radial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super73 View Post
According to their compunction chart, the x5 is the same softness as the m5. The street radial r2 is softer. But the bracket radial Looks to be a 30" radial height. 94.2" roll out, bot comparable to a 10.5 slick width?
Jason mouton said with a stiff side wall and a tube minimal chassis adjustment is nedded if any .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
Are these the ones that MT was claiming acted more like a bias ply despite being a radial.?
Yes . this is new technology that is claimed to bridges the gap between a radial and bias ply . They seem to work on a marginal track like a bias and recover just as well .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeztruck View Post
A friend of mine works for the manufacturer of many racing tires, including the Mickey Thompson tires. He said the tire is unreal. They put them on some random bracket cars and picked up ET, as well as consistency, and the drivers spoke of it feeling more stable on the top end of the track. He seems to think it could be a game changer of the same extent the "pro" drag radials have been to radial tire racing. I plan to get some and give them a shot, if I can get mine out again before the season is over.
The way I hear it is Cooper bought M/T and Cooper has a state of the art manufacturing facility here in the US and a lot of that technology is spilling over into the race tires . Not sure if this is fact or not .

Mine will be here by wed . Going to test Friday and then try and defend the National dragster challenge sat.
1978 Chevy Luv Blue
1976 Chevy Luv Black
1979 Firebird Flooded in Harvey
1999 F350 Dually
2005 GMC Sierra 4.8 RCSB
2014 Explorer (wifes)

My build :http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=399148

Build #2: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=653583
hotrod 80 is offline   Reply With Quote