View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 11:59 PM   #45
Asshat

Re: Next steps for the 63?

New issues - big time.

New distributor installed, started up ran fine in the garage last night. Roll it out this morning after work, about 5pm. Wanted to drive it up a small incline and check the new throttle adjustments. Ran good, went about 5 miles, and we wanted to stop at Trader Joe’s. We get there, come back out and start driving again. No issues.
We go a few blocks and it starts to sputter. I’m thinking it’s running out of gas; it happened to me the other day. The other day, before I changed the distributor, when it ran out of gas, I put gas in it from a gas can I carry and I was on my way.
Tonight I put gas in it and it starts up, but running really rough. Get it going, drive about 1/4 mile and I am stick at an intersection. It doesn’t want to start.
After about 10 minutes I get it started and make it across the main intersection into my neighborhood where it dies. The whole time I am dribivkmv it in 2nd gear, running super rough just sputtering up a storm. Like it’s running on 2-3 cylinders.
Got some neighbors to help me push it back into my garage.

After a while I have to check it.
Compression check ok - all cylinders.
Coil giving a good spark.
Pulled distributor cap and points are opening an closing, sparks look good.
Cracked the fuel line and it spews fuel.

What the hell?

It ran like the timing was totally off; but I derive it all that time and it ran good

Now it’s not starting.

Stumped.

Last edited by Asshat; 06-12-2021 at 12:07 AM.
Asshat is offline   Reply With Quote