View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 06:42 PM   #160
Joemomma1

Re: Doing LS Swap - I have no idea what I'm doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleChief View Post
I have looked through the walk-thru over at LT1swap. Looks like a big bunch of spaghetti! Fear of cutting the wrong wires, or messing something up is the problem holding me back, I think. But, my biggest obstacle is time. Going through the wiring seems like it would take several hours to go through. My time in the garage, currently, is probably 20-30 minutes at a time - IF I'm lucky.

Then don't do it. Send that work out and focus on something else to keep the project moving. Anything that can be completed in the time you have is still progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleChief View Post
Another question I have...

Engine placement. Is that a trial and error thing? I have ICT adapter plates and stock '71 motor mounts. The adapter plates have 4 mounting points to position the motor forward/back. Is there a way I can get some measurements on the truck to give me an idea of where to put the mounts? Or, will I just have to drop the motor in, try it out, and then adjust the mounts as needed?
They should have given you or have some kind of info on what mounting holes will place the engine relative to the factory positioning. This is why I went with slider plates rather than those plate types with the static positions. I just dropped mine in with the transmission and adjusted from there. 30 minutes should be enough time to choose a position, drop it in and see where it sits. Adjust on your next chance.
Joemomma1 is offline   Reply With Quote